Hong Kong have now opened up Anti-epidemic funding for innovation and technology projects. Administered by the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) the D-Biz program seems to fast track processing for businesses to adopt technology solutions to develop distance business.
The funding ceiling for the program is $100,000 HKD for each IT solution, including training expenses for employees. Each eligible organization under the program can apply for a total of funding up to $300,000 HKD, with all projects to be completed within six months.
If you wish to apply for funding, all applications must be received together (in one application pack) and must contain no more than three solutions. Those applying for funding cannot benefit from other government funding schemes at the same time.
There are 12 program categories relating to distance business:
- Online business;
- Online order taking and delivery, and smart self-service systems;
- Online customer services and engagement;
- Digital customer experience enhancement;
- Digital payment/mobile point of sale;
- Online/cloud-based financial management systems;
- Online/cloud-based human resources management systems;
- Remote document management, cloud storage and remote access services;
- Virtual meeting and conference tools;
- Virtual team management and communications;
- Cybersecurity solutions; and
- Other online/custom-built/cloud-based business support systems.
All private enterprises and non-government organizations with a valid Business Registration Certificate and ongoing business that commenced before January 1 this year are eligible, with the program submitting all applications electronically. The secretariat aims to notify applicants of their application outcome within ten days.
The Programme also provides an IT Service Providers Reference List to offer relevant market information for reference. The Reference List with the first batch of IT Service Providers is available on the Programme website and will be updated regularly.
Eligible enterprises may submit applications online. Details are available on the Programme website (u.hkpc.org/dbiz). For enquiries, please contact the Programme Secretariat by phone on 2788 5070 during business hours (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)) or via email at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2020.